Internship Applications for summer 2020 will open January 2020.
With a Deadline to Apply: early March 2020
Hennick Centre Business Law Internships
The Hennick Centre for Business and Law is committed to promoting business and legal education and creating opportunities to enhance students’ educational experience in business and law. Through various business law-related summer internships administered by the Centre, students are provided with exposure to the client side of legal practice and experience in a for-profit or non-profit organization.
The Hennick Business Law Internships are advertised annually (early in Winter term) within the Osgoode Summer Internship Program (OSIP) package available to all through MyOsgoode account; a collection of diverse and flexible opportunities for Osgoode JD students to gain valuable legal experience.
The summer internships are open to York University’s JD and JD/MBA students who will have completed the first year of the JD program in advance of the start of the internship. Applicants must have strong academic credentials and a demonstrated interest in business and law, as evidenced by enrollment in the JD/MBA program, law school coursework, prior post-secondary course of study, work/volunteer experience, etc.
The program details are as follows:
- Students are placed in a for-profit or non-profit organization for 12-14 weeks from May to August (5 days per week).
- Students receive a stipend of $10,000 for their participation in the internship program.
- Students work under the active supervision or mentorship of staff while assisting with business or commercial law-related assignments and tasks.
Placements filled for Summer 2019
Placements filled for Summer 2018
Placements filled for Summer 2017
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- FirstService Residential
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)
- Mount Sinai Hospital / Sinai Health System
- Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)
ADVERTISE or HOST your Internship with us:
The Hennick Centre for Business and Law is always open to new partnership/collaboration opportunities to enrich the experiential education of our students. Do you have an open internship you would like to advertise to our students? Would you like to become a host organization to take on a JD or JD/MBA intern, we can help you get started!