To take part in the program, both Students and Alumni submit a registration form annually. Registration deadline for every new Academic Year ends on the last day of September. Program matching begins in October of every Academic Year.
Mentorship Program Overview
- The program is open to all JD/MBA students in the 3 or 4 year program.
- Alumni mentors must be at least two years out of the JD/MBA program.
- Students are responsible for contacting the assigned mentor and do so within ONE week of being notified of the mentor match. This is then followed by a mutual decision between the mentor/mentee on the best media for contact going forward. The first meeting is generally in person (if possible) typically taking place by mid-November fall term.
- Throughout the academic year (September – April), mentor pairs are encouraged to connect for at least three (3) meetings suiting their schedules.
- End of April, the Student is to write an email to their Mentor copying the Program Coordinator to mark the conclusion of their mentorship.
- Mentors are notified of their student match and should expect to hear from them within ONE week of this announcement. If, however, you have not heard from the mentee in over two weeks, please notify the administrator of the program at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation is expected for one academic year. Mentorship closure does not preclude mentors and students from continuing the relationship informally if so desired by both parties.
Benefits of a Mentor Relationship
A mentor can:
- Provide you with the benefit of their experience
- Give you insights into a particular field or industry
- Help you explore career choices and opportunities
- Suggest ways to build career-appropriate skills
A mentor is not:
- A tutor
- Someone to approach for a job